A Legacy of Beauty
HOURS OF OPERATION
- We encourage you to explore! Feel free to walk on the grass. Please do not remove plant material, walk in planted (or unplanted beds), or climb trees.
- Shirts and shoes required at all times.
- Children under 16 must be supervised by an adult.
- We are a non-smoking campus. This includes vaping and electronic cigarettes.
- Help us preserve the Gardens by leaving recreational equipment: frisbees, balls, skateboards, snowshoes, skis, etc. at home. Bicycle racks are located at the Dow Gardens Visitor Center and at the entrance to the West St. Andrews Pedestrian Bridge.
- Safety is important to us, and cross traffic is not always visibile. Therefore, we ask that you refrain from running and jogging.
- No pets (service animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act are always welcome).
- For the privacy of our guests, drone photography is not permitted at any point in time.
- No private events without a contract (signed by both parties). This includes performances, classes, tournaments, elopements, wedding ceremonies, and birthday parties.
- No solicitation of visitors including posting signs or distributing materials.
- Weapons or firearms are not permitted on the premises.
We strive to ensure accessibility throughout the property. However, due to varied topography and the historic nature of some buildings, portions of the landscape may be inaccessible.
An (approximately) .7 mile walk is required to access Canopy Walk and Playground (from our Visitor Center). Special parking accommodations can be made for those who might not otherwise be able to visit due to mobility challenges. Please call 989 631 2677 for more information, in advance, to ensure availability.
Dow Gardens has over 3 miles of barrier-free hard-surfaced pathways. Please refer to our digital map kiosk (located in the Visitor Centers) or ask a staff member about our accessible routes.
Accessible restrooms are available in the Visitor Centers, The Children’s Garden, The Historic Barn, and the Whiting Forest Café.
Dow Gardens has a limited number of standard wheelchairs available to reserve at no additional charge. Please call ahead for reservation information (989.631.2677.)
We love our furry family members. Unfortunately, we are unable to allow pets on the property. Service animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, are always welcome.
Photography is welcome and encouraged. Please be mindful of other guests, and do not obstruct the walkways. Do not enter any planted or unplanted beds. For the privacy of our guests, we do not permit drones on the premises.
Though picnics are welcome (outdoors only), food and beverages are not permitted at any indoor location. Concessions are available at the Whiting Forest Café patio (including coffee and ice cream).
Most of the Garden consists of outdoor spaces. Visits can include extensive walking. Please plan your attire accordingly. Shirts and shoes required at all times. Weather-related closures may occur.
Dow Gardens is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day.
Weddings must be scheduled through our Wedding Coordinator. All other private events, including, performances, classes, tournaments, elopements, and birthday parties must be scheduled through our Rental & Tour Coordinator.
Attending a wedding ceremony at Dow Gardens? Please review this helpful information prior to your arrival.