A Legacy of Beauty
HOURS OF OPERATION
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- We encourage you to explore! Feel free to walk on the grass. Please do not remove plant material, walk in planted (or unplanted beds), or climb trees.
- Shirts and shoes required at all times.
- Children under 16 must be supervised by an adult.
- We are a non-smoking campus. This includes vaping and electronic cigarettes.
- Help us preserve the Gardens by leaving recreational equipment (frisbees, balls, skateboards, snowshoes, skis) at home. Bicycle racks are located at the Dow Gardens Visitor Center
- Safety is important to us, and cross traffic is not always visible. Please refrain from running / jogging.
- No pets (service animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act) are welcome.
- For the privacy of our guests, drone photography is not permitted at any point in time.
- No private events without a contract (signed by both parties). This includes performances, classes, tournaments, elopements, wedding ceremonies, and birthday parties.
- No solicitation of visitors including posting signs or distributing materials.
- Weapons or firearms are not permitted on the premises.
We strive to ensure accessibility throughout the property. However, due to varied topography and the historic nature of some buildings, portions of the landscape may be inaccessible.
An (approximately) .7 mile walk is required to access Canopy Walk and Playground (from our Visitor Center). Strollers and wagons are welcome (and encouraged) for small children. Special parking accommodations can be made for those who might not otherwise be able to visit due to mobility impairments. Please call 989 631 2677 for more information, in advance, to ensure availability.
Dow Gardens has over 3 miles of barrier-free hard-surfaced pathways. Please refer to our digital map kiosk (located in the Visitor Centers) or ask a staff member about our accessible routes. Wheelchairs are welcome.
Accessible restrooms are available in the Visitor Centers, The Children’s Garden, The Historic Barn, and the Whiting Forest Café.
Dow Gardens has a limited number of standard wheelchairs available to reserve at no additional charge. Please call ahead for reservation information (989.631.2677.)
We love our furry family members; however, we are unable to permit pets on campus. Service animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, are always welcome.
Photography is welcome and encouraged. Please be mindful of other guests, and do not obstruct the walkways. Do not enter planted or unplanted beds. For the privacy of our guests, we do not permit drones on the premises.
Though picnics are welcome, outside food and beverages are not permitted indoors. Concessions are available at the Whiting Forest Café.
Dow Gardens is primarily and outdoor experience. Some features may be located up to 1 mile from the Visitor Center entrance. Please plan your attire accordingly. Shirts and shoes are required at all times. Weather-related closures may occur.
Dow Gardens is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day.
The conservatory is currently undergoing renovations and is not open to the public. The project is slated for completion in 2022.